Garage doors are one of the most difficult-working parts of your house. You depend them day in and day out to open and close on your command. It’s little wonder that these garage doors need some care to continue functioning well for a long period of time. If you happen to live in Rancho Cucamonga, you will find many reputable garage door companies that can assist you with all your garage door repairs and needs.
To keep your garage door properly maintained, you need to have it professionally serviced. In addition, make sure to run your own monthly checks of the door to ensure it is functioning properly. Learn more about the most common items a garage door technician would inspect every year and how to run your own monthly checkup.
Servicing your garage door ensures a small issue doesn’t turn into a huge one. For example, at your service day, a technician may identify a spring that’s about to break and needs replacement. You won’t be caught off guard by a broken garage spring and have to wait around until someone can come to repair your garage door. Plus, it can save you money since it won’t be in need for an emergency service.
A garage door is the largest moving item in your home. It is very hard to perform some service and repairs, which is why it is best left to a professional technician. Professionals have a checklist of issues to look for when they inspect a garage door. They may start by oiling squeaky tracks and examining the overall health of the system. Then they will perform individual checks, such as:
- Cable: Test the cable for signs of fraying and replace anything that might look worn.
- Springs: Check torsion springs to make sure they have the right level of tension.
- Door sections and panels: Explore for signs of disrepair, That can impact the garage door opener as well.
- Roller: Find any signs of bending or breakage.
- Garage door opener: Make use for opening and closing several times to ensure the door is balanced.
Garage Door System and Self Check
In addition to having your garage door professionally inspected and checked annually, you may also take care of your system yourself by following these simple maintenance tips:
- Check the function of the “eye:” The garage door eye tells your opener when it opens and closes right. Press the garage door opener button to close the door, and place a an object in front of one of the eyes. If the door stops, the eye is fine, but if it doesn’t, you should get service immediately as it’s a safety matter.
- Check your garage door alignment: Unhook the opener, then raise and lower the door by hand. If it’s really tough to function up or down, you may have door alignment problems.
- Clean out debris: Keep the garage floors and door tracks clean and free of debris.
Garage Door Company Rancho Cucamonga
Do you need a garage door assistance in Rancho Cucamonga? If so, Garage Door Repair Company in Rancho Cucamonga will be glad check, repair and maintain your garage door. Call us today to schedule your garage door installation. We offer services in garage door installation, repair, and maintenance. You can reach us at (909) 935-8807, or you can message us on our contact page.